MessageWe leave the Auto Whitelist feature on (our users use it), but just
caution them against having their own address in the address book.

Darin.

----- Original Message -----
From: Sharyn Schmidt
To: declude.junkmail@declude.com
Sent: Thursday, December 14, 2006 10:03 AM
Subject: RE: [Declude.JunkMail] Why are these being whitelisted?

Did you turn on the Auto Whitelist feature?  That whitelists sender addresses
that appear in the recipient's webmail address book.  It doesn't appear to be
so in this case, but we've seen problems with users having their own address in
their webmail address book, resulting in whitelisting forging spam.

  If none of this applies here, I would recheck your whitelist statements.

  Darin.

  I didnt touch the autowhite list feature. I wonder if it's on by default?
This is a brand new global.cfg file. All I did was copy my custom stuff over
from my old one but I didn't mess with any of the defaults.

  Thanks, I'll check that right now.

  Yep, autowhitelist was ON.  I did turn that off, but this didnt start
happening until I put in some WHITELIST TO <user> statements.

  Like I said, I didn't whitelist my entire domain, just several users. Once I
removed the whitelist TO statements, things went back to normal. It was prob.
my error, I've never used that feature before. I had just been configuring
user.junkmail files with the ignore action for everything.

  Guess I need to RTFM before I start playing with things that I don't know
anything about.

  Thanks,
  Sharyn