From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of

Michael

Cummins
Sent: Thursday, December 28, 2006 1:44 PM
To: declude.junkmail@declude.com
Subject: [Declude.JunkMail] Valid Senders - Best Declude Practices

OK.

I have a box that I use as an incoming relay for about 30 or so Exchange
servers that all live out in the wild.  I run Smarter Mail, Declude,

Message

Sniffer, INVURIBL, F-Prot and all kinds of good stuff before I pass it

along

to the Exchange server with SmarterMail domain forwarding.

I am getting my ass kicked by volume because the mail server accepts any
address and forwards it along; most of which of course are addresses that
don't exist.

I'm building a gateway box in the near future, which will help keep the
incoming fluff down a bit, I'm sure, but what I really need to do is to
implement some kind of valid recipient list.  I doubt that I'll be able to
LDAP all over God's green earth with any kind of reliability or speed.

Since the gateway won't be implemented for a few weeks, I'm been playing
with things to get ready for it, namely, how to get valid sender lists

from

such a disparate group of Exchange servers.

So.

I patched together this _vbscript_ that exports a list of exchange addresses
using LDAP into a text file.

It runs as a WinCron job.

I created a batch file that uploads it to one of my Cold Fusion servers.

That runs as a WinCron job, too.

I wrote a Cold Fusion script that looks for these silly text files every

so

many minutes and then parses the crappy, cluttered thing into a nice clean
CSV for me, and now I can do anything I want with it.  I imagine that
someday I'll use it in conjunction with the gateway, but hey, I have this
information right now.

What would be the best way to use this information with Declude?

Ideally, it should be implemented on a per domain basis, in case I can't

get

some Exchange servers to play nice with me.  Eventually I suppose it will

be

mandatory, I'm sure, but not right now when I am coming up with best
practices, eh?

So do I set up each text file for each domain as a separate filter?  And
then only use it in the applicable per domain junkmail file?

Is that the best way to do it?

Or am I making Declude work too hard?

I would really love any suggestions you might have.  Thanks!

-- Michael Cummins

Herb Guenther
Lanex, LLC
www.lanex.com
(262)789-0966x102 Office
(262)780-0424 Direct

This e-mail is confidential and is for the use of the intended recipient(s)only. If you are not an intended recipient please advise us of our error by return e-mail then delete this e-mail and any attached files. You may not copy, disclose or use the contents in any way.