We're getting a rash of spam that doesn't score high enough to be blocked.
In the past I've looked up the domain owner of the site listed in the spam
and been able to identify sometimes dozens of domains owned by the spammer,
then I've put that list into a filter and blocked the domains before they
were all used in new spam sent to us.

I did a whois on some of the domains and they all show as available and
unregistered.  Yet when I go to the domain, it does take me to the spammers
site.  How can these domains be functional and show as available to be
registered at the same time?

Below is a paste of one of the spams.  I added 3 additional domains that
have appeared in this same asshole's spam so that you can see the pattern of
domains he is using.

How do I block these?

Dave