Hello Declude folks,

I asked DB if I could post about this.
We're testing a dns based black list derived from Message Sniffer's GBUdb IP reputation system. We will eventually be offering subscriptions to this BL for a modest (really) fee.

The list contains IPs that are generalized in the truncate range in the GBUdb cloud. It is updated every 10 minutes. This could be helpful for safely knocking down connections on systems that receive messages first and scan them later.

If you are interested in testing this on your system then please send us a note (support@ armresearch.com) and let us know the IP address of your resolver so that we can add it to the ACL.

When we go live with this we will prefer that subscribers configure their resolver (Bind 9.3+) as a slave so that it can receive IXFR updates as they occur. If you are interested in testing this functionality please let us know that too.

We have a limited number of slots open for testing.
We look forward to hearing from you.

Best,

_M

Pete McNeil (Madscientist)