> This product is not ready to be on the market and certainly should not be
> something someone pays good money to purchase.  It has promise, but its not
> ready yet.

Your  complaints  have to do principally with SmarterMail -- certainly
when  the  product was published and supported I don't recall anything
about  SmarterMail  being  advertised.  That's an after-the-fact hack,
but I don't knw what that has to do with "on the market."

> Autowhite also has a log option.  But it won't log without a syslog daemon
> on the server.

IMail had a syslog daemon built-in.  That's obviously why it was built
to use that functionality.

> Autowhite  needs  to  have  an  option  to  log  to a text file -- I
> wouldn't install anything to support a utility being able to log.

Do your firewalls log to text files on the device, then?

Sounds  like  a  lot  of  FUD  over  a dead product which actually did
exactly  what  it  was  supposed to do, and with more flexibility than
most command-line add-ons.  I for one *wish* that everything logged to
syslog.  I don't want a text file on the local box being written to on
every e-mail.  SMTP is disk I/O bound already.

-- S.

---
[This E-mail was scanned by Declude]