Yes Scott, thank you for updating Declude as well. I would prefer to have notifications of new releases go out ASAP to the lists, so that we as customers can decide if they are a priority to get installed...
I agree. :) If I had been the one deciding, I would likely have notified the lists first, then the website, then individual customers.
... especially with all these new potential dangerous JPG's floating around (BTW, how common are these, has anyone been picking them up with declude?)
I'm not aware of any being picked up with Declude Virus yet. But there was a report earlier today of a trojan horse spreading in Usenet newsgroups using this exploit.
Also it would have been nice to know about your change to how new versions were downloaded and installed on your website. If I was downloading a new version for an emergency use having to register to download the new version, even though we have been a customer for many years, then having to read documentation to figure out which version (automated, or manual), would be preferred to download (what about providing a 3rd old school exe only version.
The ideas of requiring people to register and the install program are new, so there may be some ways that they can be improved for future releases. We'll be listening to any issues people report.
-Scott
---
Declude JunkMail: The advanced anti-spam solution for IMail mailservers since 2000.
Declude Virus: Ultra reliable virus detection and the leader in mailserver vulnerability detection.
Find out what you've been missing: Ask for a free 30-day evaluation.
--- [This E-mail was scanned for viruses by Declude Virus (http://www.declude.com)]
--- This E-mail came from the Declude.Virus mailing list. To unsubscribe, just send an E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED], and type "unsubscribe Declude.Virus". The archives can be found at http://www.mail-archive.com.
