To: <Declude.Virus@declude.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2005 3:08 PM
Subject: Re: [Declude.Virus] Slightly OT: Encrypting or Securing Email Content

So it's this forum's consensus that if I have PRO I should not block all EZIPs - I should just block the other extensions even if they are found within ZIP files?

I do send out notices when a file gets blocked, but I don't have a requeue script in place. I'll search for one and see what I can do. Thanks.

Darin Cox wrote:

If you have Declude Virus/EVA Pro you can switch to banning extensions
within zips. With Standard, you may want to continue to ban encrypted zips.

In either case, you will probably want to send out notices for banned files,
notifying the intended recipient that a file sent to them was blocked.
Include a link in the notification for them to requeue the message if it was legit and they want to receive it. Scripts to requeue messages have been posted to the list in the past, but they are very simple to create by just moving the Q and D files back to the spool directory... possibly going as far as launching the SMTP32 process to immediately send the message if you
don't want your user to wait for the next queue run.

Darin.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kevin Rogers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>