From: supp...@declude.com [mailto:supp...@declude.com] On Behalf Of Andy
Schmidt
Sent: Saturday, December 27, 2008 9:00 AM
To: declude.virus@declude.com
Subject: RE: [Declude.Virus] Force AVG update

Hi,

The general experience has been (as reported by several individuals in
two
different lists over the past 3 months), that the Declude AVG updates
are
frequently 48 hours behind - which means they are only effective for
"old"
viruses. I even posted the stats for several days where it showed that
every
few days new viruses were being caught by my secondary scanner (McAfee),
which truly does have hourly updates - and would have been passed
through to
my desktops if I had relied on Decludes AVG scanner.

I have the feeling that changing your poll time from 4 hours to 2 will
only
mean that you'll be finding out twice as often that they have a 2-day
old
update.

I'm curious what the answer is - but somewhere in the back of my head I
think I had previously read that Declude will occasionally get updates
from
AVG which in turn you get from them. If my recollection/understanding is
accurate, then the "real" frequency is controlled by Declude's server,
not
yours.

Best Regards,
Andy