The official download from Clam wouldn't install on my Windows 2003 box.  It
said it only supports Windows 7, Vista, told me to go pound sand, yada yada.

The stuff at oss.netfarm.it didn't come with very much in the way of
instructions, but the ClamAID stuff did and it was also familiar with
Declude so it gave me a warm and fuzzy feeling.  It also didn't look like
clamav-win32-0.96.7z was going to set up FreshClam as a service, or at least
didn't mention it, and I hate installing random product just to see what it
does.

Not dissing anything, just explaining why I chose it.   You're completely
right.  I'm completely clam-n00b.  I've never worked with ClamAV, don't know
its parts and pieces from a racoon skin hat, and was grateful to have a nice
page of instructions (thanks, ARM!), especially on how to test it before
configuring Declude.    Also, the ClamAID example used the .conf file in
their Declude config, while the Declude example didn't.  I thought that was
handy, too.

It at least gave me a place I could kludge from, and now I know a lot more
about how the product works.

Just splaining where my head was and leaving a trail here in the archives in
case it helps someone else.  :)

 - Michael Cummins