Rob,

Thanks for the reply. My program is not started by PPT, nor does it
start PPT. The application is in a lobby kiosk. A PPT slide show runs
in an infinite loop. Twice a day, my app is supposed to appear on top
of the running PPT slide show and announce an event and show a
countdown timer. When the countdown reaches 0, my app closes and
disappears. My app is launched as a Scheduled Task.

AFIK, Powerpoint knows nothing about my program. I don't know why the
presentation pauses - it seems to be a built-in characteristic of PPT.
 I reviewed all the show setup options in PPT and didn't see anything
about pausing for other windows, though.

Thanks,

Tim.