C, I remember having operator overloaded functions for = well == in C. Does D4 support
this? I know it supports default parameters which is really cool. It seems to me that
D4 is very close to the C language these days, but is still a bit behind
(about 5 years).

It was really nice for structures as you could do

if (record1 == Record2)

Well I suppose you still had to do the compare routine, but it makes code a lot easier
to write.

How about friend functions?, and one I really miss from c is:

Say name is a string

Captionm := (Name  > '') ? 'Hello'+Name : 'You should enter a name'

it is like an IF THEN ELSE in a line. first the comparason, then the ? means if TRUE
and the : means ELSE

So you could save a lot of typing if you wanted say 4 or 5 checks in one line of code.

Chris

Christopher Crowe (Software Developer)
Microsoft MVP, MCP

Adrock Software