Hi Borland,

I see you are working hard towards driving the last customer towards
the competition.
Prices to me seem to get astronomical. The so called new delphi features in the past
were often just "3rd party trial version components" which were as in case of mapi
absolute useless crap and a wast of library space.
We do not need to pay for that I guess.

I don't know if these new xml etc. components are ok for commercial
use or if they are just another marketing issue.

Anyway I will not fork out 5.5k for an UPGRADE. There is a limit to
what you can spend each ear on development tools as a single
developer.
Of course we all should buy (try) kylix as well which takes the
borland bill 10k per version???

Do you really think the majority of clients can afford that? Losing
30% of clients will force you to raise the price even further I guess
and finally all of us will have to go somewhere else....

have fun
 sigi

Martin wrote:

But this pricing makes Borland's problem mine! In the long run the higher
the price, the fewer the developers, and thus the higher the price must go!
A very nasty circle. And one that I worry many will soon have to get off.

I can see no realistic way for Borland to get out this circle with regard to
Delphi. I do hope however that if they decide to abandon the windows
development tool market that they will hand Delphi over to the open source
community.

Sigi & Silvia  Nelson, New Zealand
Organic cereals, fruits & nuts, tea, coffee, honey etc.
http://www.TheShop.co.nz
Buy Organic and enjoy!