Agreed. Borland went away from its core competency to enter into a market it
was ill prepared for. It tried to recoup some of the costs and losses by
upping the cost of the core developer's tool (Delphi) until it cost the
value greater than the cost of a good second hand car.
It's total focus away from the developer and it's huge cost of delphi meant
that most NZ companies went away from Delphi to another tool that offered
more, easier and cheaper upgrades. Boreland effectively killed the cash-cow
through over-excessive milking.

Thankfully they are looking good to recover slightly, although regaining the
customer base they had previously is probably now out of their range.

Steve Peacocke