What Borland did to Delphi is really rather sad.  And now Borland is
owned by some company that I'd never heard of until the purchase
(actually I heard about it on the StackOverflow podcast - even then I
thought it was Joel talking crap like he often does)
http://www.microfocus.com/Solutions/TestingASQ/WelcomeBorlandCustomers/PressRelease.asp
I don't know why Borland didn't keep doing what it did successfully for
so many years.

Embaradero seem to be doing a pretty good job with Delphi - and
admittedly I hadn't heard of them either until they acquired CodeGear.
However I can't see them gaining significant market share from Micro$oft
in the developer tools market, it would be nice if they did though.

Alister Christie
Computers for People
Ph: 04 471 1849 Fax: 04 471 1266
http://www.salespartner.co.nz