myOffice Email MessageCheaper is mainly related to number being made.

For years laptops were more expensive than desktops, as each manufacturer had
to customise their smaller size motherboards etc.   Desktops used more mass
made mainstream off-the-shelf components (eg power supplies, memory chips,
video cards, cases, CD drives, HD etc) so were cheaper.   This has now almost
disappeared as laptops are now outselling desktops - soon desktops actually may
become more expensive.

Same happening for phones.   Early adopters always pay more because:

-new and cool adds to price
-hardware is new, so more expensive irrespective of whether its bigger or
smaller
-software is new -> manufacturers charge more of course.
-new infrastructure (3G) is expensive too
-In general making something a bit smaller than the industry standards always
raises the costs.

A wag once said - A cell phone is the only thing where guys will sit around
boasting that theirs is smaller than everyone else's.

Back to The Future of Delphi:---
=======================
What I have been saying all along is that the market is however heading quite
fast now in this direction.  This means programmers are going to be asked more
and more to make sure their apps can be used from smaller touch screens....I
reckon whether or not we see it coming the current software environment is
changing as surely as it did when Windows first came along, only this time
Windows may not be the platform...  I can live with moving from Windows, but
would prefer to have Delphi move with me to the new platforms even if MS
doesn't...

(I have used other OS's like Unix and Linux,  they all have their good points
so don't be afraid of them.  Same with other languages.  Can live with cross
compiling from Windows to Android etc with emulators from Delphi.  Would prefer
to not have to consider learning everything new again - new OS, new IDE, new
language.)

John

  Smaller is obviously cheaper, in terms of materials but also because "small"
usually comes as the result of higher integration within the component parts,
reducing the number of components, which in turn increases reliability and
reduces servicing/maintenance costs.  VLSI has perhaps been the single greatest
contribution to the commoditization of electronics.