If you want to go for Delphi for PHP, I would wait for the next version.

Or, my son says that eclipse should do the trick, but I havent tried it.

Rohit

On 5/06/2011 8:20 p.m., John C wrote:

I use PHP already for many years and I like as it integrates nicely and easily with HTML, CSS and JavaScript. And as Rohit explained, no matter what language you use, for more advanced application you got to learn HTML, CSS and JavaScript any way!

Speed might be an issue for some applications (?) but PHP is fast enough for most applications (so why bother). I agree that the debugging side of PHP is a bit poor, but that's all part of website development I suppose.

I wanted to make a start with Delphi 4 PHP a couple of years ago, but never got to it (should I?).

John C

*From:*delphi-boun...@delphi.org.nz [mailto:delphi-boun...@delphi.org.nz] *On Behalf Of *Rohit Gupta
*Sent:* Sunday, 5 June 2011 5:05 p.m.
*To:* NZ Borland Developers Group - Delphi List
*Subject:* Re: [DUG] Web development

I have been using PHP because I did not want the server to be tied to MS. Its also very popular. I started off with Delphi for PHP. But the investment in learning it was wasted. The only thing I use it for is for debugging now. There is no vcl in sight.

Had t learn PHP, javascript, HTML and CSS. I think you have to , if you want it efficient. Mine has to be as I am targeting millions of users not just hundreds. It is my spare time project too. Check it out if you want 7bfaces.com. You have to signup to see it and note its work in progress.