On Mon, 12 Aug 2019 at 18:13, Richard Shann <rich...@rshann.plus.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2019-08-12 at 16:18 +0200, Lib Lists wrote:
> > Hi Richard, and thank you for your quick reply!
> >
> > On Mon, 12 Aug 2019 at 15:52, Richard Shann <rich...@rshann.plus.com>
> > wrote:

> > > Cross staff beaming is created automatically by LilyPond when you
> > > cause
> > > a voice to change staff, so the command you want is:
> > >
> > > Staffs/Voices->Change Staff
> >
> > Great, works perfectly!

> > > You have to set your preference for a Image Viewer program to
> > > something
> > > you have in your path to view the png with. The message is
> > > misleading -
> > > as the help for the command says
> > >
> > > Command: Export Selection as PNG
> > > Displays a musical excerpt in your image viewer
> > > Location: Main Menu ▶ File ▶ Export As
> > > Internal Name: PrintExcerptPreview
> > >
> > > so you have to have the Image Viewer in Edit->Change Preferences-
> > >
> > > set to some program actually installed on your system.
> > >

> > I forgot to mention that I have already tried with Preview, Mac os
> > default image viewer
> > (/Applications/Preview.app/Contents/MacOS/Preview) without success.
>
> Hmm, I don't have access to any Mac to test that. I just tested giving
> the full path to the executable (ie what you get when you do
>
> which Preview
>
> at a terminal, and that worked (this is Debian - I don't know what Mac
> O/S 10.13.6, but I presume it has a Linux kernel and Unix tools?)
> If you execute
>
> Preview somefile.png
>
> in a terminal does it work? That is, does it take a filename on the
> command line?

Hi, writing in a terminal '/PATH/TO/Preview somefile.png' doesn't
work. However, 'open -a  /PATH/TO/Preview somefile.png' works as well
as 'open somefile.png'.

> > > yes, I just tried it. I put in some 1/16th notes and then chose
> > > Directives->Insert LilyPond
> > > and pasted an example from the section you mentioned
> > >
> > > \override Beam.grow-direction = #LEFT
> > > \featherDurations #(ly:make-moment 2/1)
> > >
> > > (well, this is LilyPond 2.18 docs actually)
> > > and it feathered the following beam.
> > > You could then take that Denemo Directive and
> > > 1) create a snippet from it, or
> > > 2) create a palette button that inserts it or
> > > 3) create a command that inserts it.
> > >
> > > for 1) see View->Snippets
> > > for 2) right click on the directive and choose "Create Button for
> > > Clone"
> > > for 3), well having created a palette button you could right click
> > > the
> > > palette button and choose "Get Script into Scheme Window" and then
> > > at a
> > > suitable point in the Beams menu right click and choose "Save
> > > Script as
> > > New Menu Item" and follow the prompts to create a new command that
> > > inserts that Denemo Directive.
> >
> > Great, thanks for the detailed instructions! I'll give it a try.

> > > Do you mean separate PDFs?
> >
> > Yes, at the moment separate PDFs, but in the future it might be
> > useful
> > to export as well as PNGs or SVGs.
>
> The following script does what you want
>
> 8><8><8><8><8><8><8><8><8><8><8><8><8><8><8><8><8><8><8><8><
> (let loop ((count (d-GetMovementsInScore)))
>    (if (> count 0)
>     (begin
>         (d-GoToPosition count 1 1 1)
>         (d-PrintMovement)
>         (d-ExportPDF (string-append (d-GetFilename) "-Movement-"
> (number->string count) ".pdf"))
>         (loop (1- count)))))
> 8><8><8><8><8><8><8><8><8><8><8><8><8><8><8><8><8><8><8><8><8><
>
> but if you put it in the Scheme Window and execute it what happens is
> that it keeps asking if you want to interrupt the typesetting of one
> movement to go on to the typesetting of the next, as well as telling
> you that your PDF has been created for each movement.
> So you need to run it non-interactively - put the script into a file
> say /home/rshann/Desktop/MovementPrint.scm and then run
>
> denemo -n -i "/home/rshann/Desktop/MovementPrint.scm"
> /home/rshann/musicScores/Molter/SonataAMaj.denemo.gz
>
> which loads my file
>
> /home/rshann/musicScores/Molter/SonataAMaj.denemo.gz
>
> and executes the Scheme in the script on it. (My file is compressed,
> hence the .gz but it doesn't need to be, any .denemo file will do.)
>
> There should be a way to directly access the generation of PDF for a
> movement from a script, but it seems I didn't ever write it :(

Wow, thank you so much! I'll test it tomorrow.

> > > inserting it where?
> >
> > For example in the pop-up Note/Rests->Markings->Chord Symbols->Edit
> > Chord Symbols.
> > The same behaviour happens after adding text in other (any?) pop-up
> > dialogs
> > and pressing OK or cancel (for example after inserting a title,
> > adding
> > a chord name, etc.).
>
> Hmm, that's what I thought you might mean - it doesn't happen for me on
> Denemo 2.3 and I just tried Denemo 2.2 on Windows and it doesn't happen
> there. I guess a workaround would be to dismiss the Print View
> altogether and only bring it back when you have finished?

Unfortunately it doesn't work. If I close the Print View (I also
switched to Manual Updates, just in case), it returns after
interacting with a pop-up dialog. Moreover, I'm able to close the
Print View window only a single time, after that the windows doesn't
close anymore. I can close it again (for a single time only) after
restarting Denemo.

Thanks!
Lib