On Sat, 17 Aug 2019 at 11:11, Richard Shann <rich...@rshann.plus.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 2019-08-16 at 15:07 +0200, Lib Lists wrote:
> > > Once you have the echo message from the myopen.sh saying what the
> > > command it is issuing is you can then check that the file does in
> > > fact
> > > exist and is a .png image ... indeed you can simply repeat the
> > > command
> > > that myopen.sh is telling you directly on the command line to check
> > > that it is working. (Possible snags could include unusual
> > > characters in
> > > the file name(*) - some operating systems have restrictions and
> > > some
> > > characters such as spaces cause parsing problems).
> > > HTH
> > > Richard
> > > (*) so test with a file named something simple, like "junk.denemo"
> >

> > Hi,
> > thanks for your help.
> > if I launch the script from the terminal it works (as in your example
> > open -a /PATH/TO/Preview mypicture.png). However, when I launch the
> > script from Denemo (I put the full path of the script in the Image
> > Viewer field) nothing happens, i.e. I don't see the echo message on
> > the terminal and the same pop-up window.
>
> As you don't have the echo message we can be pretty sure the problem is
> *not* the same as the failure to launch Safari when trying to use the
> Denemo manual - in that case Safari was launched, it just didn't expect
> a URL on the command line, expecting a file name instead (so you could
> fix that by a script that chopped the initial file:/// off).
>
> I've looked at the source code and it seems the problem is that for
> some Glib versions the success status of the typesetting is being
> inverted.
> I've fixed this now in the sources, but unfortunately I don't think
> there is any daily build for MacOS - indeed I'm not sure if anyone is
> ready, willing and able to build for MacOS - so you will need a work
> around. You may be able to get there by locating the temporary
> directory where Denemo is storing the results of typesetting. On Unix
> it is /tmp/Denemo_*
> a new one of which is created each time you start Denemo. In there you
> will find the .png files that are created (they are named
> denemoprintA.png and denemoprintB.png alternately).

Hi, thanks for your help! I'll fix the safari problem with a script.
I found the TMP folder, on a mac an easy way to find it is to look for
$TMPDIR, which is a different folder than /tmp. There I found the
Denemo folder with a denemoprintA.png picture correctly created.
Yes, I noticed that there are no updated builds for MacOS. Do you know
how difficult is to build for MacOS? Otherwise I'll give a try running
the Windows version with Wine / Crossover.

Lib