Perhaps you made a change to the code, but forgot to recompile, or forgot
to re-update your JAR files, or made some other simple build mistake.

As a technique for understanding the behavior of your program, commenting
parts of it in and out and re-running the program is a very good technique,
but it is easy to make a simple build mistake and not run the modified
version
of the program which you think you are running.

Another very good technique for understanding the behavior of your program
is to run it under a Java debugger, and then you can stop and start it and
various points, step through it line by line, look at the values of
variables
at various points, etc.

thanks,

bryan