Hi Jaron,

Jaron Kuppers schrieb:
Hi again!

I tried my hand at the Draw icon.  I didn't have time to do the template or
high contrast; if people like the proposal I will try and do them tomorrow.

I think we need to get the symbols right at first, then we should implement them in the different icons.

(Especially as we switched the template and document icons - what has not been implemented in the source files uploaded.

http://picasaweb.google.com/JaronBaron/LibreOffice#5561372495654980738

Thanks for stepping in - even today I spent some more time on this icon, but I didn't find a better approach...

There are three minor points I want to mention concerning your draft:

1. As the heavier items are in the upper area of the symbol it doesn't look very balanced. Even if I don't like to copy the ODF icons, perhaps we should move the rectangle up and the triangle / circle down.

2. I have a minor problem with the rectangle with handles lent from the ODF icons:

Draw doesn't use round handles - and a rectangle has eight square handles.

Polygons can be drawn with one handle on each corner, so you can create a rectangle with four of them - or a trapezoid, if it fits better with the overall design.

3. I don't know if the white fill inside the triangle doesn't look too harsh - did you try the light yellow? (But this might be less visual, when the icons are switched to the lighter background).

As I said - minor points (and probably not shared by everybody here).

Best regards

Bernhard