Hi,

Few days ago, there was a discussion about the "style" name :
http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/www/design/msg01436.html

As I've been teaching the basic of OpenOffice 2 or 3 years ago, I can confirm that the idea of "style sheet" is not obvious. But it seems to me that the name "style sheet" doesn't help...

I have a suggestion :
what if we completely replace the name "style" (used for style sheet) with "template" ?

"style" would be used only for "bold", "italic", "underline"...

LibreOffice already uses the name "Template" for documents.
It would be "document template".

For writer :
"page style" --> "page template",
"frame style" --> "frame template",
"paragraph style" --> "paragraph template",
"caracter style" --> "caracter template",
"list style" --> "list template",

For Impress :
"Master Slide" --> "Slide template"
"presentation Styles" --> "slide elements template" ????

For Calc :
"page style" --> "Page template"
"cell style" --> "Cell template"

For Draw: