Hi Tobias, all!

Sorry for stepping in ...

Am Dienstag, den 27.09.2011, 22:02 +0200 schrieb Tobias Bernard:
> so you used photoshop to create these?
> man, that's not cool. graphics for free software should be created using
> free software.

I share this view, but I think there is no need to enforce something
like that. Ubuntu uses Balsamiq Mockups for their UI designs, Apache
uses a Confluence wiki, and we build LibreOffice for Windows using
Windows :-)

Why do I say that? Because Aleksandar told me about his tools preference
in advance - and as long is able to read PSD files to a certain extend,
we should aim for "data exchange compatibility", not "tools
compatibility". I've heard many designers who simply prefer to stick
with their tools ...

[...]

> free software is also about the tools we use to create it.
> so please don't be scared and keep up the great work, but if you can find
> the time (and haven't already done it), check out
> inkscape<http://www.inkscape.org>(extremely powerful FLOSS vector
> graphics editor) and consider using it for
> future designs. vector is better for most kinds of design anyway ;)

I think the "keep up the great work" sounds great here - we should keep
in mind that Alexandar is very new to the LibreOffice community (free
software communities) in general and he might need a bit time to
understand our rationale and our general aims. That also means the need
for others being able to adapt/extend/rework existing artwork.

Again, I totally share your view Tobias ... so I'd like to invite
Aleksandar (and anybody) to ask questions about free software graphic
tools. An interesting page might be:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/User_Experience/Tools

Cheers,
Christoph