On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 5:13 PM, nick rundy <nru...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> A grayed out Save Indicator is not superfluous!
>
> I find this EXTRAORDINARILY useful to know whether I have added new material
> to a document or whether I'm dealing with the previously saved version. The
> grayed out Indicator communicates this in a very simple manner. It's perfect.

You can achieve the same thing with the status indicator in the status
bar.  You just have to point your eye to a different spot.

> The grayed out Save Indicator is one of the best features of Writer!

A grayed out icon is no feature other than to convey the fact that the
action associated with that particular icon is disabled.  A save icon
being disabled does NOT equal a document is modified; it simply means
that the save action is disabled.  No more, no less.

Kohei