The font embedding is an example of a deeper issue:

If LibreOffice is a 'native' ODT editor;
and if you open an ODT in it;
and if you don't effect any changes in that ODT, but just save;
is it legitimate for the resulting ODT to be in any way different than
the original (other than meta-data regarding modification date etc.) ?