Overall, the new mockups are superb, great direction. Cheers for Robert
and his wonderful work!

I'm not sure how much I should critique all the details until we start
implementing and working out the final end result. I do want to address
one issue:

in
https://github.com/mray/Snowdrift-Design/blob/master/mray%20website%20mockups%20/export26/2-project.png

The grid of "lots of patrons" is not our quadratic matching. I'm
concerned that showing a rectangle of lots of user icons is too much
going to confuse the message regarding the matching effect. In the
quadratic matching, the users are only one dimension, and the other
dimension is the per-user donation, and together it makes a square.

Showing the users in a two-dimensional grid confuses things by having a
different grid-looking chart. Also, instead of emphasizing how much
matching a new patron will get, it feels just like "there's already lots
of patrons, and you'll be just one more and be lost in the crowd." It
fails to give the impression that your new pledge makes a difference.

The impression we need is to get people to understand that all these
existing patrons will donate *more* when you pledge. In other words: you
will have an impact on this many patrons! (rather than just you will
join them and be one more).

Now, I like the wording "684 matching each other", that emphasizes how
things work currently and the feel of interdependence and community. But
I also want to connect the pledge button to the message that "684
patrons will donate *more* when you pledge". Some combination is
possible, or maybe just both messages can be present but to be less
redundant, only the "matching each other" would have a number and the
pledge-focused message could be "The current patrons will all donate
more when you pledge" without repeating the number.

I *really* like the design otherwise!

Last minor note for now: perhaps a clear watermark should be added to
these mockups to make it totally clear what they are?

Thanks so much for all your work Robert! I'm excited to get things
implemented and get this thing going.

Cheers,
Aaron

--