Hi,

On Fri, 2016-09-16 at 11:00 +0100, Sam Thursfield wrote:
> You can disable Tracker's background indexing fairly easily, if you
> don't mind that some things will get broken. In most distros, if you
> move the files /etc/xdg/autostart/tracker*.desktop somewhere else,
> then the Tracker processes won't start when you log in any more.

And then an update to the tracker package would add those files back.

The better way is to copy those files into your ~/.config/autostart/
and modify them so that tracker doesn't start. I think adding
Hidden=true does it.

Or instead configure tracker to not index anything, with the Search
settings panel.

Tracker would still be running, but it wouldn't do anything at all so
it shouldn't consume any resource. (and if it still does, then file a
bug report)

--
Mathieu