Hey Sri,

I want to see this happen too and I encouraged Alberto to start this thread, he
proposed the same as you, using #newcomers channel as one of the precursors,
since is one of the first channels for new people.

However, I think #newcomers is not the best place to experiment, things are
alteady all confusing and hard (from a newcomer perspective) and adding two
ways of communication and in the experiment phase is going to make it worse.

Instead we can add #gnome-hackers or so, where there are quite a few people (I
would love to have #nautilus too, regular contributors agreed on
experimenting), and once we agree on matrix or whatever then switch #newcomers
to matrix or whatever as single documented way of comunication.

Just my 2 cents :)

Carlos Soriano