Maybe not in core, but Geary will soon support IMAP/SMTP from GOA.
For that work to be undone in the next release because of a technicality
would be a shame.

Regards,
Chris

On Wed, Jan 23, 2019 at 12:54 PM, mcatanz...@gnome.org wrote:
On Wed, Jan 23, 2019 at 9:03 AM, Bastien Nocera <had...@hadess.net> wrote:
It is what is happening in GNOME Online Accounts in general. Pocket is
disabled in Fedora 29, and there's a good chance that the mail
configuration bits will be disabled in Fedora 30.

I don't know whether those changes will also be done upstream, but the result will be the same, it won't be possible for applications shipped
through Flatpak to know that certain configuration options will be
available in GNOME Online Accounts.

Thing is, we don't have any email apps in core. It just doesn't make sense to have email settings in gnome-online-accounts when none of the core apps (the apps installed by default) actually use those settings. It's just going to confuse users with settings that don't do anything.

I don't really have strong opinions on the future of gnome-online-accounts, but unless there are major design changes along the lines that have been suggested in this thread, then yes, I would certainly advise against using it outside of the core apps.

Michael