Created attachment 66786
PDF Signature verification support

Here's an initial attempt at solving this issue.


This patch adds signature verification support to poppler core.
It uses OpenSSL PKCS7 API for the crypto operations (signature and certificate 
Validations).

4 new functions were added at the glib wrapper level: 
    poppler_document_is_signed
    poppler_document_signature_validate
    poppler_document_signature_get_time
    poppler_document_signature_get_signername

I've coordinated with Vasco Dias to expose this feature in Evince and
his work is in the latest patches attached to this bug:
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=614929

As the additional dependency on OpenSSL couldn't possibly satisfy
everyone I made it optional at build-time with --enable-openssl for
Autotools and -DENABLE_OPENSSL=ON for cmake

Current limitations: 
- Timestamps contained in the PKCS7 signature are not verified
- the new functionality is not yet exposed in the qt4 wrapper as I prioritized 
the glib wrapper to support Evince.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to poppler in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/740506

Title:
  verify digital signatures

Status in Poppler:
  Confirmed
Status in “poppler” package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged

Bug description:
  Binary package hint: evince

  This is a feature request to verify digital signatures.  I'm receiving more 
and more digitally signed PDF's and evince already acknowledges them with:
  Signature Not Verified
  Digitally signed by <signer>
  Date:  <time stamp>
  Reason: <reason>
  Location: <location>
  but it would be great if Evince would be integrated into the distro's 
ca-certificate infrastructure to verify these signatures.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/poppler/+bug/740506/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to