Agreed, that should have been communicated much earlier. I sympathize with your
This policy change for chromium is now correctly reflected at

Packages, which is subscribed to chromium-browser in Ubuntu.

  Adding Gaelic (gd) to builds

Status in chromium-browser package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix

Bug description:
  Based on
  I'm filing a bug, not a question.

  We're making good progress with the Gaelic localization of Chromium
  browser/translations/+lang/gd) and because I assume this will be a
  fairly drawn out process, I would like to get the ball rolling now for
  getting it added to builds for Ubuntu.