** Description changed:

  Tried to install Bionic Desktop on my Asus GL703VD ROG Laptop with
  NVIDIA GTX 1050M Video Card (with i915 Intel graphics card when not
  using 3D) and the installer does not display. I have tried
  nouveau.modeset=0 and nomodeset boot options to no avail. I was able to
  finally install Bionic by hooking up the laptop to a projector, but
  after a reboot, the laptop display still did not work and I had to set
- the account to autologin otherwise I could not loging to the laptop. I
+ the account to autologin otherwise I could not login to the laptop. I
  then install openssh-server so that I could ssh into the laptop and I
- installed the nvidia-390 drivers from ppa:graphic-drivers/ppa which
+ installed the nvidia-390 drivers from ppa:graphics-drivers/ppa which
  installed, but still no local display.

  In Artful, I could install with the nouveau.modeset=0 and then
  installing the proprietary NVIDIA drivers and everything (except
  touchpad, LP: 1738263) worked.

  lspci shows the graphics card and NVIDIA card, and lsmod does show that
  before NVIDIA drivers install, it is using nouveau, asus_wmi, and i915
  for graphcis, and once NVIDIA drivers are install, lsmod only shows i915
  and asus_wmi for graphics while nvidia is used for gpu and 3D, but still
  no display on the laptop.

  lsmod_prenvidia.txt shows the nouveau driver and the /proc/cmdline
  lsmod_nvidia.txt shows nvidia drivers installed and the /proc/cmdline
  lspci.txt shows the detected hardware
  lshw.txt shows the hardware in the laptop.

  Please let me know if you need any other information.

  Thanks,
  Luke

Packages, which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-nouveau in Ubuntu.

  nouveau/nvidia drivers do not work with display in Bionic on Asus
  GL703VD Laptop

Status in nvidia-graphics-drivers-390 package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in xserver-xorg-video-nouveau package in Ubuntu: