The short answer is the snap package doesn't have an icon set in the
store. Set that and it will show.

The longer answer is in 16.04 we use the "package-x-generic" icon, but
that doesn't seem to work anymore, I think due to GNOME Software having
changed the way it uses themes.

The generic icon support was dropped by upstream in the 18.04 version,
so we need to distro patch it back in.

I'll also look at using the new icon the store uses:
https://assets.ubuntu.com/v1/6fbb3483-snapcraft-default-snap-icon.svg

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-software in Ubuntu.

  communitheme snap not present in gnome software on bionic, but it is
  on 16.04

Status in gnome-software package in Ubuntu:

  In ubuntu 18.04, communitheme is not present in the logitheque. We can't find
it in the available applications.
  snap search can find it

  on the other side, we can notice its presence in the logitheque of
  ubuntu 16.04