Ok, I have asked him to comment. Under the link mentioned earlier
(https://github.com/jobisoft/DAV-4-TbSync/issues/202) the following is
mentioned:

" I am just using standard API calls and do not load libraries."

But I can imagine it is useful to know which API calls this concerns.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to thunderbird in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1875348

Title:
  dependence upon libresolv.so (libc6-dev)

Status in thunderbird package in Ubuntu:
  Incomplete

Bug description:
  When trying to get the add-on TbSync to work in combination with the
  add-on "Provider for CalDAV & CardDAV", I encountered a mysterious
  error message, "status.service-provider-setup-failed".

  After getting in touch with the maintainer of these add-ons, it turns
  out that this add-on depends upon libresolv.so. Indeed I managed to
  resolve the error by manually installing libc6-dev which contains this
  so.

  Therefore should libc6-dev be a dependency for Thunderbird?

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/thunderbird/+bug/1875348/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to