The maintainer got back to me and asked me to add the following:

"
I am just using the file DNS.jsm, which ships with Thunderbird and use that to 
do DNS requests.


https://searchfox.org/comm-central/source/mail/base/modules/DNS.jsm

And I do

const { DNS } = ChromeUtils.import("resource:///modules/DNS.jsm");
let rv = await DNS.srv(request);

and that fails on Linux.
"

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to thunderbird in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1875348

Title:
  dependence upon libresolv.so (libc6-dev)

Status in thunderbird package in Ubuntu:
  Incomplete

Bug description:
  When trying to get the add-on TbSync to work in combination with the
  add-on "Provider for CalDAV & CardDAV", I encountered a mysterious
  error message, "status.service-provider-setup-failed".

  After getting in touch with the maintainer of these add-ons, it turns
  out that this add-on depends upon libresolv.so. Indeed I managed to
  resolve the error by manually installing libc6-dev which contains this
  so.

  Therefore should libc6-dev be a dependency for Thunderbird?

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/thunderbird/+bug/1875348/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to