We know (from the commits) that it is a race - maybe the race window is
actually rather small and only few people run into it (and rarely).

Having it fixed in 20.10 is already a good thing.
But the SRU of a fix will need some sort of reproducer, especially with this
somewhat more complex change and the consideration of only partial backports :-/

@w - if you happen to trigger it reliably again let me know
@anyone affected finding this please speak up how you reliably trigger it so we
can go on.

** Changed in: spice-vdagent (Ubuntu Focal)

Packages, which is subscribed to spice-vdagent in Ubuntu.

  Clipboard doesn't work 100% of the time in Ubuntu 20.04 (in KVM
  guests)

Status in qemu package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in spice package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in spice-protocol package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in spice-vdagent package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in virt-manager package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in spice-protocol source package in Focal:
  Incomplete
Status in spice-vdagent source package in Focal:
  Incomplete
Status in spice-vdagent package in Debian:
  Fix Released
Status in spice package in Fedora:
  Unknown

Bug description:
  https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/spice/linux/vd_agent/issues/9

  ---

  I'm testing Ubuntu 20.04 LTS (Focal Fossa) Beta.

  I installed Kubuntu 20.04 and virt-manager as I did many times on
  Ubuntu 18.04. Unfortunatelly when I run a VM (QEMU-KVM, libvirt,
  libspice-server1 and spice-vdagent) with another Kubuntu 20.04 guest
  or with Ubuntu 20.04 guest then clipboard doesn't work right.

  To test it, please install Kubuntu 20.04 and then install Kubuntu /
  Ubuntu 20.04 as VM (guest). Open some simple text editor and start
  Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V plain text. 90% of time it will work and 10% of
  time it won't.

  Package: virt-manager 1:2.2.1-3ubuntu1
  CasperMD5CheckResult: skip
  CurrentDesktop: KDE
  Date: Mon Apr 13 15:02:22 2020
  InstallationMedia: Kubuntu 20.04 LTS "Focal Fossa" - Beta amd64 (20200401)
  PackageArchitecture: all
  SourcePackage: virt-manager