Thanks for the bug report. It looks like we should use bug 1910235 for
this.

   The mouse stops working after trying to take a screenshot while Chrome menus
are open in Xorg sessions

  gnome-screenshot freezes UI in Xorg sessions

  Bug Description

  On ubuntu we have a handy shortcut to take screenshots then select the
  are to grab. By default the shortcut is assigned to shift+print (Prt
  Scrn key on the keyboard). If I go into Google Chrome, open the
  options panel (the 3 little vertical dots), then go into "Help", and
  hover my cursor over the side panel that opens, then use the
  shift+print shortcut to take a screenshot, my system does something
  similar to a freeze. I can use the keyboard, but I cant click UI
  elements with the mouse, for example I can't click the top bar, the
  sidebar, so I can't do anything, I'm stuck. My only option is to open
  the console and to log out manually with a command, then everything is
  back to normal.

  -----

  Steps to reproduce

  Open Google Chrome. Click on the settings tab (the 3 vertical dots).
  Click on "Help". Hover the cursor above "Help Center". Press
  shift+print.

  ----

  1) Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS
     Gnome Version 3.36.8

  2) gnome-screenshot:
     Installed: 3.36.0-1ubuntu1
     Candidate: 3.36.0-1ubuntu1
     Version table:
     *** 3.36.0-1ubuntu1 500
          500 http://it.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal/main amd64 Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

  3) I expect to not froze my UI when I try to take a screenshot with
  shift+print.

  4) It freezes my UI.

  Package: gnome-screenshot 3.36.0-1ubuntu1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 5.8.0-40.45~20.04.1-generic 5.8.18
  Uname: Linux 5.8.0-40-generic x86_64
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_modeset nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu27.14
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: skip
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME