A week ago, after an update, the bug was magically resolved.

I kept on testing but I couldn't recreate the bug anymore.

Also other gtk based applications seemed to run a bit more
reliable/solid (no crashes anymore in caja etc etc).

Could it be that some important library received an update/fix which
also solved this problem ?

Packages, which is subscribed to transmission in Ubuntu.

  text in torrent info tabs change after opening it to gibberish

Status in transmission package in Ubuntu:

  on transmission-gtk

  after opening the torrent's properties panel, the text at first it's showing
ok, buy on mouse hover it changes to random text
  worked fine on 21.10

  Package: transmission-gtk 3.00-2ubuntu2
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_modeset nvidia
  CasperMD5CheckResult: unknown
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME