Thanks for the bug report.

I can see bug 1968040 in the log, but that also shows that atomic KMS is
in use whereas this bug should be about non-atomic KMS failing
(MUTTER_DEBUG_FORCE_KMS_MODE=simple).

Please check for any crashes using
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Responses#Missing_a_crash_report_or_having_a_.crash_attachment

Please also collect a system log from when
MUTTER_DEBUG_FORCE_KMS_MODE=simple was in use. If it was the previous
boot then run:

  journalctl -b-1 > prevboot.txt

and attach the resulting text file here.


** Summary changed:

- Laptop screen can't be turned on after suspension or locking
+ Can't log in anymore after setting MUTTER_DEBUG_FORCE_KMS_MODE=simple

** Tags added: hybrid i915 multigpu nvidia

** Package changed: gnome-shell (Ubuntu) => mutter (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: mutter (Ubuntu)
       Status: New => Incomplete

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-shell in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1994000

Title:
  Can't log in anymore after setting MUTTER_DEBUG_FORCE_KMS_MODE=simple

Status in mutter package in Ubuntu:
  Incomplete

Bug description:
  My laptop is running a Hybrid Nvidia RTX3060 + Intel i5 11400h
  graphics. After installing the Nvidia drivers and with Wayland (this
  doesn't happen with Xorg), once the screen is turned off (for example,
  by locking the screen or suspending the computer, it cannot be turned
  on.

  This is a behavior similarish to the one in bug 1968040 (IDK if that
  one was also triggered by a screen lock, this one gets triggered
  inmediately after turning off the screen for whatever reason). In
  22.04, I solved it quite easily by setting
  MUTTER_DEBUG_ENABLE_ATOMIC_KMS=0. As suggested in that ticket, I set
  this time MUTTER_DEBUG_FORCE_KMS_MODE=simple. I unfortunately cannot
  tell whether this would solve my issues because, when I reboot my
  computer with that variable, I simply cannot log in into my account. I
  type my password as usual (the login screen works perfectly, though)
  and then, once submited, the output is a black screen (LCD is on,
  though) and nothing shows up after.

  ProblemType: Bug
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 22.10
  Package: gnome-shell 43.0-1ubuntu2
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 5.19.0-23.24-generic 5.19.7
  Uname: Linux 5.19.0-23-generic x86_64
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_modeset nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.23.1-0ubuntu3
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: pass
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Mon Oct 24 08:40:12 2022
  DisplayManager: gdm3
  InstallationDate: Installed on 2022-09-26 (27 days ago)
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS "Jammy Jellyfish" - Release amd64 
(20220809.1)
  RelatedPackageVersions: mutter-common 43.0-1ubuntu4
  SourcePackage: gnome-shell
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to kinetic on 2022-10-20 (3 days ago)

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mutter/+bug/1994000/+subscriptions


-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to