Ubuntu 22.10 on an Intel/Nvidia hybrid with driver 515 and
MUTTER_DEBUG_FORCE_KMS_MODE=simple set is working for me. So it sounds
like your oibaf PPA is the problem.
Please remove all PPAs from the machine, reboot, and then open new bugs
for any issues you encounter.
** Package changed: mutter (Ubuntu) => ubuntu
** Changed in: ubuntu
Status: Incomplete => Invalid
--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to mutter in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1994000
Title:
Can't log in anymore after setting MUTTER_DEBUG_FORCE_KMS_MODE=simple
Status in Ubuntu:
Invalid
Bug description:
My laptop is running a Hybrid Nvidia RTX3060 + Intel i5 11400h
graphics. After installing the Nvidia drivers and with Wayland (this
doesn't happen with Xorg), once the screen is turned off (for example,
by locking the screen or suspending the computer, it cannot be turned
on.
This is a behavior similarish to the one in bug 1968040 (IDK if that
one was also triggered by a screen lock, this one gets triggered
inmediately after turning off the screen for whatever reason). In
22.04, I solved it quite easily by setting
MUTTER_DEBUG_ENABLE_ATOMIC_KMS=0. As suggested in that ticket, I set
this time MUTTER_DEBUG_FORCE_KMS_MODE=simple. I unfortunately cannot
tell whether this would solve my issues because, when I reboot my
computer with that variable, I simply cannot log in into my account. I
type my password as usual (the login screen works perfectly, though)
and then, once submited, the output is a black screen (LCD is on,
though) and nothing shows up after.
ProblemType: Bug
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 22.10
Package: gnome-shell 43.0-1ubuntu2
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 5.19.0-23.24-generic 5.19.7
Uname: Linux 5.19.0-23-generic x86_64
NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_modeset nvidia
ApportVersion: 2.23.1-0ubuntu3
Architecture: amd64
CasperMD5CheckResult: pass
CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
Date: Mon Oct 24 08:40:12 2022
DisplayManager: gdm3
InstallationDate: Installed on 2022-09-26 (27 days ago)
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS "Jammy Jellyfish" - Release amd64
(20220809.1)
RelatedPackageVersions: mutter-common 43.0-1ubuntu4
SourcePackage: gnome-shell
UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to kinetic on 2022-10-20 (3 days ago)
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/1994000/+subscriptions
--
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp