On 13:04, Fri, 17 Jan, Jed Davis wrote:
On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 10:58:52AM -0500, Chris AtLee wrote:
Yesterday we switched how B2G device builds on the trunk trees [1]
get built.

We are keeping copies of each device's manifest up-to-date in the
tree will the revisions for each project fully specified. e.g.
https://hg.mozilla.org/integration/b2g-inbound/file/fa8e7793c44b/b2g/config/mako/sources.xml
[...]
[1] b2g-inbound, mozilla-central, mozilla-inbound, etc.

Does this also apply to try builds?  I don't know how common a use
case this is, but it'd be useful (to me, at least) if a change to a
not-gecko-or-gaia repo could be tested with a try run (instead of
testing locally and hoping there aren't any subtle differences in the
environment between that and TBPL that break something).

--Jed

Yes, it should work on try as well. The key here is to make sure the config.json for your device in question has "b2g_manifest_intree" set to true, e.g.
https://hg.mozilla.org/integration/b2g-inbound/file/d47f0361ef25/b2g/config/emulator-ics/config.json#l25

Also keep in mind that only a subset of devices are available on try at the moment.

Cheers,
Chris