Hello,

I think that the best way is to put command syntax description just
before its definition in the context file. This way it will be easier
to keep it always in sync with the code. And most important point here
is that it must be in sync always. If it is, then we can just generate
cont-en.xml and other cont-xx.xml files, but also have a syntax
checker!

Just imagine:

context --check-syntax myfile.tex

shows you which options or commands are experimental, deprecated, and
which are unrecognized, and suggests the command or option to fix
that.

What do you think?

Regards,
Marius