Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

I'm against storing the command definition in the relevant files because
the definitions are meant for documentation and it's nonsense in this way
because you need sometimes references to other commands and who should
you show a command for spacing which is written in a font file.

Well, they could be extracted automatically to a normal
lua file, but you had a good point about the \section etc
later on, so a separate file would probably be better
indeed.

And I also prefer the lua style, much less verbose than xml
while still containing all needed info. The Tex-like
stuff was meant as an example of what *could* be done,
but getting a good syntax for that that is still extensible
could be quite hard and why should we bother if the lua
code is readable enough.

However, we *do* have to write a formal description of the
lua syntax to avoid confusion, if this is indeed the way
to go. At this point I think we should ask Hans' how he feels
about this stuff, but unf. he has hardware problems and is
not as reachable as could be. Should be solved in a day or so.

Best wishes,
Taco