Hey all,

The pre-release security checklist for the payments server (issue #1128)
suggests that we hook up a dependency management service, like Greenkeeper,
Dependabot, or Renovate.

Of the three options, Renovate is the most flexible. It lets us limit the
total number of dependency update PRs open at a given time, limit the rate
at which new PRs are created, and schedule how often it runs. Renovate is
also monorepo-aware, and it can be configured to match or ignore
files/directories within a repo.

In PR #1908[1], I've hooked up Renovate to run once a week, only open 2 PRs
at a time, and only scan dependencies in the fxa-payments-server package.
We can easily enable it for other packages in the monorepo in the future.

If anyone has comments or questions, feel free to reply to this thread or
comment on the PR[1].

Cheers,

Jared

[1] https://github.com/mozilla/fxa/pull/1908