Thank you for sharing all the information.

We want to do as much as we can help  communities prioritize their loads,
including separating the ones that are US market only from the rest. Is
there a way in the code that can hide these strings from showing up in
Pontoon? Is it possible to create a separate file for en-US only if that's
easier to do? In the future, if we decide to open up the strings to Germany
or France for example, we can add more locales to the file(s).

The communities are aware the importance of FxA product. If some of these
features will never roll out in their markets, it's a waste of their time
to translate them, not knowing which ones are required and which ones they
won't see on staging/production. Many of them don't look at string IDs to
know where they show up, unless they have questions with a particular
string, and they look for context.

If we have not thought about separating strings for US only or a couple of
locales only, we should start thinking of a solution soon.