On Thursday, April 24, 2014 12:42:35 AM UTC+8, Martin Thomson wrote:
> On 2014-04-23, at 04:39, Marco Chen <mc...@mozilla.com> wrote:
>

> > 2. Then there are multiple MediaStreamTrack to represent multiple
> > audio/video tracks in TV stream.
>

> I don't know if this is a problem here, or whether it's just a
> misunderstanding, but the structure of MediaStream is actually three-deep:
>

> MediaStream is a synchronisation container
>
> MediaStreamTrack describes a single type of related content (e.g., audio, or
> video)
>
> channels are not visible in the DOM, but they correspond to a single piece of
> a track (e.g., the left speaker channel in multi-channel audio)
>

> When you say that there are multiple MediaStreamTrack instances, do you mean
> to say that there is media from multiple sources (e.g., separate cameras,
> different translations), or are you talking about media with multiple parts
> (e.g., 5.1 channel audio)?

The former is closer. A stream can contain multiple tracks, for example, a DTV
channel provides a program with selection of multiple languages, in this case,
it is a MediaStream with one VideoSteramTrack and multiple AudioStreamTrack,
all tracks are from one source. The case with front/back camera would be one
MediaStream, two VideoStreamTrack, but two sources though.

> Why is it necessary for MediaStreamTrack to carry tags that identify things
> as (for example) English or Mandarin?  Is it not possible for this labelling
> to occur in the application?

At a second discuss, i don't think there is a need for MediaStreamTrack to
carry such tags. Nevertheless, the VideoTrack of media elements will carry
those tags (provided by content provider), in order to let application (e.g. a
player menu) to display these information for users to select.