Boris Zbarsky wrote:

Alternately, we could do something where the proto chain of an Xray for a content object passes through the corresponding chrome prototypes, not through Xrays for the content window's prototypes. That would presumably make "el instanceof el.ownerDocument.defaultView.HTMLAnchorElement" return false and might have other issues.

I don't think that would work, because you wouldn't expect the Xray for a content object to have methods that you added to the prototype of the chrome object. (I would actually expect the proto of an Xray for a content object to be an [xpconnect wrapped native prototype], but I'm probably asking too much.)

--
Warning: May contain traces of nuts.