On 2/28/2013 10:33 AM, Benoit Jacob wrote:
Please, please make your plans include the ability to get raw text files
(CSV or JSON or something else, I don't care as long as I can easily parse
it).
Could you be more specific? Note that while the text files currently provided on crash-analysis, they are not the full dataset: they include a limited and specific set of fields. It looks to me like telemetry payloads typically include many more fields, and some of these are not single-value fields but rather more complex histograms and such. Putting all of that into text files may leave us with unworkably large text files.

Because the raw crash files do not include new metadata fields, this has led to weird engineering practices like shoving interesting metadata into the freeform app notes field, and then parsing that data back out later. I'm worried about perpetuating this kind of behavior, which is hard on the database and leads to very arcane queries in many cases.

What is the current volume of telemetry pings per day?

--BDS