Some thoughts on the subject-

I would argue against running performance tests inside of mochitest.  The main
reason is that mochitest has a lot of profile stuff for testing as well as many
other tests bundled inside of the same browser session.  For a standalone
metric unrelated to a user scenario, we could consider performance style tests
into mochitest.

In the process of creating Datazilla, we have found endless little quirks in
the end to end system how performance works.  As time goes on we have continued
to push forward with the goal of making a performance system that can detect
regressions automatically when the test finishes.

For the last few months we have had data going both to Datazilla and graph
server and have been refining our assumptions and tools along the way.  When
graph server is deprecated in the near future, it will be REALLY EASY to add
new tests to the collection and reporting system.  That doesn't solve the
problem of making it easy to add or adjust a test in the test runners (buildbot
scripts), but it solves half the problem.

Many of the talos tests are old and outdated and while we have tried to find
owners for the tests, it has been a failing effort.  To that tune, we have
disabled some Talos tests which nobody had interest in anymore.  If there are
tests which people feel are not useful, we should disable those ASAP to reduce
our load on our infrastructure and work on creating a test which people care
about.

-Joel