On 5/2/2013 4:40 PM, Kyle Huey wrote:

On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 4:36 PM, Gregory Szorc <g...@mozilla.com <mailto:g...@mozilla.com>> wrote:

    We seemed to converge on a (presumably C++-based) storage service
    that has named branches/buckets with specific consistency,
    flushing, etc guarantees. Clients would obtain a handle on a
    "branch," and perform basic I/O operations, including
    transactions. Branches could be created ad-hoc at run-time. So
    add-ons could obtain their own storage namespace with the storage
    guarantees of their choosing. Under the hood storage would be
    isolated so failures in one component wouldn't affect everybody.

 So this is basically prefs on steroids?

Sure. I'd say it's key-value storage done right with a sane API and consistency expectations and without the association with "preferences"/about:config.