From: "Jed Davis" <j...@mozilla.com>
To: "David Dahl" <dd...@mozilla.com>
Cc: "Gregory Szorc" <g...@mozilla.com>, "Taras Glek" <tg...@mozilla.com>,
"David Rajchenbach-Teller" <dtel...@mozilla.com>, "dev-platform"
<dev-platform@lists.mozilla.org>, "Lawrence Mandel" <lman...@mozilla.com>,
"Kyle Huey" <m...@kylehuey.com>
Sent: Monday, May 6, 2013 1:34:54 PM
Subject: Re: Storage in Gecko

On Mon, May 06, 2013 at 09:41:08AM -0700, David Dahl wrote:
> KyotoCabinet might make a good backend for a new storage API:
>
> http://fallabs.com/kyotocabinet/

It's released under the GPL, so it's MPL-incompatible, if I understand
correctly.  As for the "Kyoto Products Specific FOSS Library Linking
Exception", at http://fallabs.com/license/linkexception.txt -- it
currently lists exactly one library (not us) and seems to indicate that,
even if Gecko were so listed, a "Specific Library" that re-exports Kyoto
Cabinet's functionality to other applications would not be allowed.

--Jed (not a lawyer)